Finally! Our Castelwood access barrier has been revised and is ready to work again to be able to receive you… We will be opeing on June 2nd for the 2020 season!
We are in the starting blocks and look forward to seeing you with us and we are sure that, you too, want to cross the access barrier 😉
The French government has announced that the borders to France, from other European countries, will be opened again from June 15th, 2020 onwards.
This is great news!
To reassure you before booking at Castelwood, it is obvious that if the situation with regard to the Covid-19 deteriorates during the season and we would have to be closed again (or travel restrictions put in place), the paid amounts will be fully reimbursed.
In addition, the balance of your stay will only be requested 2 weeks before your arrival.
If you wish to consult the measures that we are putting in place to guarantee the safety of all, you will find them below in the update of 01/05/2020.
And finally, we are of course at your disposal, by email or phone, for any of your questions.
Have a good day!
Jaya, Maaike and Ian.
UPDATE OF 01/05/2020
Castelwood is ready to host you, the nature is magnificent thanks to a varied weather between sun, heat and a little rain… but unfortunatly, to this date, we have still not received an opening date from the French government and are therefore still in administrative closure. Normally, we should have news at the end of May 2020 regarding tourist establishments open to the public. A new update will be published as soon as we know more.
In order to be able to host you, as soon as it’s possible, and in the best conditions, we have implemented, and already tested, a protocol for cleaning and sterilizing chalets so that everyone can spend their holidays in complete peace of mind.
Below are some steps we will be taking to keep everyone safe:
– We will change the arrival and departure times in order to have more time to prepare, clean and sterilize each chalet between two occupants. Arrival times will be between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. and departures must be before 9 a.m.
– Physical distancing will be practiced upon your arrival and departure, we will wear masks.
– Each chalet will have its bottle of hydroalcoholic gel outside so that you can disinfect your hands before entering your chalet.
– Our cleaning staff will be trained in our cleaning protocol so that the chalets are cleaned and sterilized in an optimal way, except for obvious areas such as surfaces, kitchen, floors, bathroom and toilet, everything will be cleaned, door handles, light switches, chairs, dishes, etc.
– Regarding the sleeping areas, we want to offer our guests, if they wish, to bring their own bed linen, pillows and duvets. This is obviously not an obligation, it will be an option that you can check on the form of additional services which will be sent to you upon reservation of your stay. For those who do not wish to take this option, your beds will be made on arrival as usual, the mattresses and pillows will have been disinfected and the bed linen we use will also have been disinfected during its washing.
– On-site activities can take place (creative paper workshop, guided and commented hikes, painting workshop) but with a maximum of 10 people at a time. The workshops will take place outside and a safety distance will be set up between the participants. The person offering the workshop will also wear a mask.
– Concerning the swimming pool, we await directives from the sanitary services, but for the moment, only the indoor swimming pools will not be authorized to open, which is not our case given that we have a beautiful outdoor swimming and paddling pool, in the middle of nature. However, we may have to limit the number of people at the same time… We will have more news, on this specific subject, that will be provided in our next update.
– To this date, we do not yet know if the weekly meal that we offer will take place. If this is not feasible we will reflect on how to provide a takeout meal for those who wish.
– Our bakery service will operate normally, we will take all necessary measures to guarantee absolute hygiene in the production of your bread and pastries.
We are also very lucky, because Castelwood is a small domain and all the chalets are independent, they all have their own kitchen and sanitary facilities. The chalets are all spaced from each other, all things that facilitate physical distance for all who wish. Ideal for taking a breath of fresh air after these past months!
We hope that all this information will be useful to you, if you have specific questions, we are of course at your disposal.
See you soon and take care of yourself and your loved ones!
Jaya, Maaike and Ian.
OUR CONTACT INFO
CASTELWOOD Lieu-Dit Les Marios 24540 Biron – FRANCE